The Internet is full of dangers just waiting for the right moment to strike weak or unsecured connections. Nowadays, with businesses being dependent of the web, you need to make sure that no one can trace your actions, to decrease the risk of being the victim of a virtual attack. Applications such as Viscosity offer a helping hand in this regard, allowing you to create a secure tunnel through which to safely access every part of the internet.
Import configurations from a file or server
First off, you need to set up at least one connection before being on the safe side. This is easily done from the preferences window and you are not limited to a single one. However, if you already have a configuration file saved on your computer it can be used as such. The same applies for a server, with the possibility to import connection data once your credentials are provided.
Thorough connection setup
If neither of the import methods provide aid, you might need to set up a connection manually. This is where it gets tricky, with various requirement fields asking for technical info. The application lets you set authentication, networking or proxy options. Several SSL / TLS clients can be used for authentication, and for enhanced security you can opt for a username and password check.
What’s more, your data can be kept safe by tunneling all data through a VPN connection. However, you must specify a default gateway, DNS details, with the possibility to include shaper, fragment, tun MTU and inactive.
Create and monitor multiple connections
As mentioned above, the application does not limit you to a single connection. You are free to organize more entries in folder for a better view. By default, the application requires you to manually connect to a created service, but this can be solved by an option that automates the task.
To end with
All in all, Viscosity can come in handy to a large variety of business and individuals, by creating a suitable means of data transfer, without exposing it to hacks and attacks. Most of your attention is required when setting up connection, with the rest being handled by the application. In case you constantly need to connect to your work computer from remote locations, this is a proper utility.
Viscosity is a simple yet comprehensive utility that offers users a complete OpenVPN solution without requiring any further downloads or tools.
With Viscosity and OpenVPN you can securely connect to your home or company network from a remote location, protect your network traffic when using public or wireless networks, access websites with country restrictions, and tunnel through restrictive firewalls and proxy servers to give your computer full Internet access.
Viscosity can connect to any VPN server running OpenVPN, including most popular free and commercial VPN providers. Viscosity allows connections to be completely configured through a GUI, without any need to know how to use the command-line or OpenVPN’s configuration file syntax. Advanced users still have full manual control over configuration options if desired.
- VPN For Everyone:
- Completely configure OpenVPN connections through an intuitive interface, without any need to know complex commands.
- Proven Technology:
- Viscosity is in use everywhere, from small business to Fortune 500 companies, schools, universities, at home and on the road.
- Traffic Statistics:
- Viscosity monitors your OpenVPN connections to ensure you know all the important network and connection details in style.
- Enterprise Support:
- Easily bundle Viscosity with settings and connections so your users don’t have to worry. Create simple deployable connection profiles.
- System Protected:
- The Windows’s credential system is used to make sure your details are kept safe and secure
- Script Everything:
- Control Viscosity using Batch/Vbs scripts when a connection connects or disconnects.
- Smartcard/token (PKCS#11) support, menu folders, multiple connections, OpenVPN-AS support, proxy integration, IPv6, and more!