Unlocker is a simple tool that lets you get rid of stubborn files that can’t be deleted in the standard way.
Deleting a file from your computer isn’t always as easy as it seems. Have you ever you gotten an irritating error message telling you that the file is being used by another application and can’t be erased? Unlocker is the solution!
Unlocker is dead easy to use: simply right click the file that can’t be erased and select the Unlocker option. You’ll be able to choose between deleting the file, renaming it or moving it to another location. If the selected task can’t be completed immediately, it’ll be finished the next time you restart the computer.
Unlocker doesn’t have any other options or configuration settings. It’s meant to do just one thing, but does it really well. If you often have problems with locked files, this is the tool you’re looking for.
Unlocker lets you delete stubborn files that are blocked by other apps or processes.
- New feature: Made it possible to delete deep directory structures and too long path errors. Try deleting the folder created by this batch file without the new Unlocker you will understand 🙂
- Improved UI: Progress bar when deleting large folders
- Improved UI: Fixed all references to previous website in UI
- Fixed Bug: Fix crash which happened with deep paths in old versions
- Fixed Bug: Fixed update check to match new Unlocker website (//unlocker.emptyloop.com)
- Fixed Installer: Fixed x64 installer for references to non existing assistant
- Promotional feature: Fully optional Bing or Quickstores toolbar depending on location.
This program makes use of Windows libraries, which may cause a false positive alert in your antivirus software.