TLex Suite is comprehensive and fully-featured applications’ package, designed to help terminologists, dictionary publishers and professional translators in their work, by helping them create word, expression and term lists.
TLex Suite includes four major components, namely TLex, tlCorpus, tlTerm and TlReader, each working together and providing users with complementary functions.
TLex is a great tool that can assist users in generating term lists and compiling general or specialized dictionaries, being of use to both individuals and organizations (educational or otherwise).
TLex offers a real-time preview of a newly created article, so users can quickly make any adjustments concerning pagination. An additional feature is the ‘Cross-Reference Tracking’ (or ‘Smart-Reference’) component that enables users to swap entries with similar senses. The ‘Automatic ‘Lemma Reversal’ function is designed to instantly generate the reverse side of a dictionary, allowing users to select the entries they want included for each reversed lemma.
The interface’s meta-language can easily be customized, to suit users’ terminological preferences, allowing them to label various concepts however they please.
tlCorpus can be of great assistance in studying authentic language usage, helping professionals compile databases of real, functional texts, based on which they can conduct language analysis operations and generate wordlists.
tlTerm is a reliable termbase editor that can be used to create term lists. These items can come in handy particularly to professional translators, providing them with the ability to quickly discover equivalent terms in two or more languages, thus simplifying their work significantly.
With tlReader, users can view TLex and tlTerm files easily, allowing them to swiftly browse through large files, to find the needed term or entry.
TLex Suite is a great piece of software that provides professional functions and features for dictionary making and terminology related activities, offering advanced capabilities which enable users to successfully carry out their mission.
TLex Suite allows you to create multiple databases with information in order to easily find the relevant data for your projects. The program is optimized for creating dictionaries, glossaries or terminology lists.
You have the access to many features that enable you to reduce the dictionary production time and cost. Besides the TLex dictionary creator, the suite also includes the tlTerm and tlCorpus applications which enable you to handle glossaries and terminology lists.
- Real-time preview
- Publish to hardcopy, Web, or electronically
- Suitable for single-user projects and multi-user teams
- Can be fully customized for any conceivable dictionary project
- Suitable for all world languages
- Includes tlTerm termbase software
- Includes tlCorpus concordance software
- Advanced styles system with “Smart Styles”
- “Smart cross-references” ensures no cross-reference errors in your dictionary
- Export to typesetting software such as InDesign, Quark and XPP
- Export to MS Word
- Automatic numbering
- Automatic sorting, configurable for any language
- Automated bilingual entry reversal
- Integrated Ruler Tool for creating balanced corpus-driven dictionaries
- Detailed document statistics
- Advanced search and “filters”
- “Tagging” functionality
- “Error checks” and validation
- Full Unicode support
- Functionality for entering IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) pronunciation symbols
- “Compare/merge” tool for integrating work done offline or by other users