RouteConverter is a lightweight Windows application designed to help you view, convert, and edit routes, waypoints and tracks. Since this is a portable program, it is important to mention that it doesn’t leave any traces in the Windows Registry. You can copy it on any USB flash drive or other devices, and take it with you whenever you to need to convert GPS data on the breeze. RouteConverter sports a clean and straightforward layout that offers quick access to Google map, which allows you to zoom in or out, insert or delete waypoints, and select from different viewing methods (e.g. satellite, hike, cycle). What’s more, the application lets you perform basic editing operations (e.g. cut, copy, paste, delete), undo your actions, perform searches for finding a location, and split or merge waypoints. Other important features worth mentioning are represented by the possibility to select the measurement unit and coordinates’ format, pick the timezone, and print or export the generated data to GPX, TRK, CSV, KML, TRK, KRT, or plain text file. What’s more, the information can be imported from the same file formats as mentioned before. Last nut not least, you can make the program plan routes for driving or walking, avoid highways for routes, generate descriptions for waypoints, import routes from a file or URL, as well as select from different preset route categories. During our testing we have noticed that the tool carries out a task quickly and without errors throughout the entire process. It manages to remain light on the system resources, so it doesn’t hamper the overall performance of the computer. All things considered, RouteConverter offers an intuitive layout and a handy set of features for helping you convert and edit GPS data..
RouteConverter is a small and accessible utility that can convert routes, positions and edit routers, waypoints and tracks. RouteConverter displays, modifies and converts GPS data between over 50 formats. It works without installation, automatically detects the format of a file, supports drag and drop, offers a map view onto the positions of routes, tracks and waypoints, allows to modify positions in the map view. RouteConverter supports multiple routes within Google Earth, GPX and Garmin MapSource files, allows to select duplicate positions to remove them to abbreviate tracks, allows to move one or more positions of the route to the top, to the bottom, upwards and downwards. RouteConverter allows to complement elevation and place name of positions, uses file and position names that suit to the display of the TomTom Rider, uses file, route and position names that suit to the display of the Map&Guide Motorrad Tourenplaner, remembers language, paths, window size and position.
Here are some key features of “RouteConverter”:
- working with routes, tracks and waypoints
- enables viewing, editing and conversion of GPS files
- supports more than 70 popular GPS file formats
- uses a Google Maps or OpenStreetMap based map
- shows details of GPS data in a list
- shows a height profile with a graph
- Internet Connection
- reads Columbus TimeAlbum (.csv) files
- reads and writes MotoPlaner URLs
- reads SRTM1 and SRTM3 files when completing elevation data
- allows to switch between speed and elevation in the context menu of the profile graph
- uses the Glopus (*.tk) format with latitude,longitude,comment when pasting to the clipboard
- uses a single instance when calling the Webstart API and passing it an URL to open
- uses integer tick units for the profile graph to avoid fraction number
- is more robust when reading NMEA 0183 Sentences (*.nmea) files
- allows to use zoom level 19 of Mapnik maps
- fixes the performance issues when deleting large number of positions in tracks with lots of positions
- fixes a bug when converting routes to tracks that inserted new positions in unpredictable order
- fixes a bug when reading NMEA 0183 Sentences (*.nmea) files where the ZDA year is encoded with 4 digits
- fixes a bug when writing Garmin POI (*.gpi) files with spaces in the position list name
- fixes a bug when writing Google Earth 5 …
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.