Renaming files can be tedious work especially if you’re dealing with large numbers of items. While Windows offers some options, a specialized tool is more efficient at the job.
Rename Master is a program designed to rename files with only a few clicks. The options provided by this app are quite extensive, which means you may customize the name of the files in numerous ways.
For example, it’s possible to use the renaming script to remove certain words and numbers from the names, remove the first or last characters from the filename, replace numbers, split the name or add information anywhere in the name.
The app also allows you to change the case of the words in the file (uppercase, lowercase, capitalize words, capitalize sentence or capitalize with title case). The extension can be preserved, while the program can also detect and capitalize Roman numerals and enable file counting.
Rename Master allows users to fiddle with a few settings. Thus, the time can be displayed in the date field and it’s possible to disable icons on file and preview lists, as well as to change the font. Replacement characters can also be set for illegal characters.
In addition, you can choose the color schemes for various items of the windows, including background and file names.
Fact of the matter is that Rename Master is a nice and useful tool that can be quite handy when you want to change the name of a long list of files. Batch renaming is extremely simplified and the provided options enable you to customize the names however you want.
The intuitive interface should make this app easy to use by all users, no matter their level of experience.
Rename Master is a handy and reliable application designed to enable you to rename files with a few clicks. Anyone that has worked with websites, file archives, or collections of music, videos, or pictures has probably spent way too much time renaming hundreds of files.
This utility will add, remove, or replace parts of the filename with ease and also supports renaming via file properties, MP3 tags, JPEG JFIF and EXIF tags. Batch renaming that’s simple to use, yet still very powerful.
- Intelligent number sorting
- JPEG/MP3 tag support and many more Meta-Variables
- Auto-Preview support
- “Scipts” to save commonly used renaming options
- [*] and [?] command prompt style wildcards for replacing and remove options
- “Undo” button so a renaming operation can be rolled back
- Floating thumbnail window for viewing pictures and optional thumbnail file list view
- Optional Explorer integration for right-clicking on folders or using “Send To”
- New (Edit Menu):
- added new ‘Check using files on Clipboard’ item
- New (Renaming Script):
- improved script loading speed
- improved display speed
- Fix (Filelist):
- issue adding/removing custom columns
- Fix (Misc):
- program close now prevented while executing Rename
- issue using ‘Send To’ when program is already open
- improved EXIF support
- Includes changes from the previous Beta versions