ProfiCAD is a professional software application that helps you create electrical designs and schematic diagrams.
Although it comes packed with a multitude of dedicated parameters, the user interface is clean and straightforward.
ProfiCAD bundles several preset electrical drawings related to electronic equipment, indoor and power installations, as well as other fields, which can be inserted into the working environment for creating similar circuits.
When it comes to embedding electrical components into the working area, the program offers quick access to various categories, namely distribution boards (e.g. switches, circuit breakers, indicator lights), machines (induction motors, reactors), outdoor installations (e.g. transformers, amplifying points), PLC, generators, switchgears, protective devices, and controlgears.
ProfiCAD enables users to work with multiple layers and pages, rotate or flip the selected components, zoom in or out, draw different objects (e.g. rectangles, ellipses, arcs, lines), as well as cut, copy, or paste the elements.
Furthermore, you can embed text messages which can be customized in terms of font style, size, number, color, and alignment. There are several options designed to help you change the border and filling color for each component, and create a list with your favorite objects.
Additionally, you can perform searches, change the background color of the circuit board, and specify the page size.
The generated project can be printed or exported to PNG, BMP, EMF, or DXF. Plus, you can copy the selected drawing to the Clipboard and paste it into other third-party applications.
All things considered, ProfiCAD proves to be a reliable utility when it comes to creating electrical diagrams. It comprises many useful features that can be configured by all types of users, regardless of their experience level.
ProfiCAD is the quickest and easiest way to create electrical documentation and schematic diagrams. Even if it is easy to learn and use, ProfiCAD is a professional application used by a wide range of customers.
NOTE: Free for non-commercial uses.
- easy to learn and use – just drag symbols onto the drawing
- supports Unicode – can use any language, any technical symbol
- ships with cca 700 symbols – new symbols can be easily created
- downloads quickly, installs quickly, starts quickly, takes 5MB on hard drive and can be run from a flash drive
- automatic update – always have the latest version
- continuous numbering of symbols
- intelligent renumbering of symbols when copying
- Image inserting is disabled
- Rotating and flipping images:
- The program supports the following ways to rotate images:
- Using the menu Object – Rotate
- Using icons
- In panel Properties – item angle (enter tenths of degrees, e.g. 30° enter as 300)
- By dragging the round handle of the image. The angle is adjusted in steps of 15°. If the Shift key is being pressed, any angle can be adjusted.
- Flipping images:
- Use menu commands Object – Flip. You can also use icons on the toolbar.
- Lines can end in one of the three configurations:
- Line ends can be specified in panel Properties.