Nitro PDF Professional is one of the most advanced PDF creating and editing software solutions, providing basically all the tools you would ever need to help you in this regard.
Although it’s called ‘Professional,’ the application has been developed to be aimed at beginners and advanced users alike, so you won’t find it too difficult to use.
The interface is more than pleasant and reminds us of the popular Microsoft Office suite, adopting the same Ribbon GUI interface we’ve seen in the office suite developed by Microsoft.
To make sure that users will fully benefit from its very advanced features, developers have designed a help screen that pops out every time you open the interface, giving you the option to find more info on its tools with a single click.
Power features to play with
With Nitro PDF Professional you can thus create new PDF files from any document format out there, add comments to PDFs, export text or the entire document, including photos, to another document format, insert images, links and pages into PDF files, secure files and add signatures, design forms and print them.
What’s more, you may sign, send, review and save your documents to Nitro Cloud directly from the program, compare PDFs for identifying differences in images, text and annotations, review typed text using the spell checking feature, remove selections of text, images, annotations and form fields from PDF pages, print documents using batch processing, undo your actions, and activate the Measure tool for calculating the distance, area and perimeter for a set of points based on a custom scale.
Smooth navigation mode
As said, it is very easy to use Nitro PDF Professional and the ace up its sleeve is definitely the Ribbon GUI we were talking about. Everything seems to be in the right place and although we admit that we’re more or less used to Microsoft Office, it’s very easy to find a given tool inside the app.
You don’t need a super computer to run Nitro PDF Professional, but you may notice some minor slowdowns when running it on older machines.
An excellent and reliable app
All in all, this software is actually one of the best PDF tools on the market. It has a solid feature pack and is very easy to use so anyone can give it a try.
Nitro PDF Professional is a fully-featured PDF creation and editing product. The professional application gives you full control over PDF documents, including creation, commenting, form-filling and authoring, digital signatures, text editing, one-click creation from Microsoft Office and more.
Nitro PDF Professional is a convenient alternative to Adobe Acrobat for people who want to use PDF.
- Creating PDF:
- Create PDF and PDF/A documents from virtually any Windows file.
- Convert and merge files into a single PDF document.
- Convert entire collections of files to PDF in one batch.
- Scan paper documents to PDF.
- One-button PDF creation from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Create ‘intelligent’ PDF documents with bookmarks, links, metadata, and security from Microsoft Office programs.
- Copying & Exporting PDF:
- Export PDF for reuse in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, OpenOffice and more.
- Use different conversion modes to export files that look precisely like the original PDF and others that are easier to edit and repurpose.
- Extract all text and images from PDF documents.
- Batch convert PDF files to Word, RTF, and text formats.
- Copy text while retaining formatting, including font, color, and size.
- Editing PDF:
- Insert and edit text, including font, size, color and more.
- Edit images — insert, resize, rotate, crop, flip, replace, arrange, delete, and extract.
- Edit image properties — brightness, contrast, color space, and resolution.
- Edit pages — insert, delete, rotate, crop, extract, and replace.
- Split pages of PDF documents based on page groups, page ranges, and bookmark structure.
- Add headers, footers, watermarks, and text to all pages in a document.
- Add Bates numbering across a collection of PDF documents.
- Add and edit bookmarks and links.
- Auto-create bookmarks based on document text formatting and headings.
- Auto-create links based on keywords and page numbers.
- Optimize, shrink and repair PDF documents.
- Edit document properties including metadata and initial view settings.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR):
- Create PDF files from scanned paper documents, or existing image-based PDF files, perfect for publishing, editing, or archiving.
- Create fully compliant PDF/A documents.
- Create editable PDF files and customize documents using the Editable Text feature.
- Create easily searchable, PDF/A compliant documents for archiving with ‘Searchable Image’ mode.
- Flexible multi-language support.
- Reviewing & Marking Up PDF:
- Highlight text content with the Highlight, Underline, Cross Out and Replace Text tools.
- Add Sticky Notes, Text Boxes, and Call Out annotations.
- Add freehand drawings with the Pencil tool.
- Add drawing shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, polygons and clouds.
- Apply stamps to pages, choosing from standard built-in stamps or your own custom creations.
- Attach documents and other files to your PDF pages.
- Add explanatory text and other feedback to your markups.
- Sort and manage comments.
- Filter comments based on type, author, status, subject, and more.
- Summarize comments for easy viewing alongside page content. View the summary as a PDF or print it for paper-based reviewing.
- PDF Security:
- Secure documents with passwords and certificates.
- Encrypt with 40-bit, 128-bit, and 256-bit level security.
- Apply restrictions on printing, copying, and altering PDF documents.
- Create and apply re-usable security profiles.
- Digitally sign and certify PDF files.
- PDF Forms:
- Fill in, save, print and submit forms.
- Design forms.
- Easy site-wide rollout and management with enterprise deployment tools.
- Integrate with most popular document management systems.
- Support and Usability:
- Getting Started window for new or inexperienced users.
- User-friendly Microsoft Office 2007-style interface.
- In-depth help documentation.
- Industry leading customer support services.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- RAM: 512 MB system memory (1 GB recommended)
- Display: 1024×768 screen resolution
- Hard Disk Space: 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft Office 2003 or newer (required for Microsoft Office integrated features)
- 14-day trial
- Nag screen
- The Whiteout tool enables you to securely delete selections of text, images, annotations, and even form fields from a PDF page.
- Measurement Tool:
- The Measure tool enables you to easily define the distance, area, and perimeter for a set of points based on a scale that you define.
- Batch Printing:
- The Batch Print feature allows you to queue several documents to print at once.
- Floating Tool Bar:
- The floating tool bar appears over the text you are working with and can make text editing more efficient and convenient.
- Create PDF from Clipboard:
- The Create PDF From Clipboard tool allows you to quickly and easily create a PDF file containing an image from your clipboard, making it easy to share screenshots and other images with other users. The created PDF file will have the exact dimensions as the clipboard image.
- The Spellcheck feature reviews typed text in the document.
- Compare PDFs (Content vs. Visual Compare):
- You can use the Compare tool to identify any diff…