FreeFileSync is a simple software program that allows you to synchronize or compare two folders. It can be mainly handled by users with some experience in this area. This tool can also be installed as a portable product. In this case, you can store FreeFileSync on a USB flash drive or any other removable device, save it to any computer and directly run its executable file. Therefore, you can always carry FreeFileSync with you when you’re on the more. What’s more important is that the Windows Registry is not updated with new entries, and no leftover files can be found on the hard drive after program removal. The interface of the application is user-friendly. So, you can add as many folders to the list as you want, by using either the file browser or ‘drag and drop’ method. Comparing them can be easily done, with the click of a button. FreeFileSync allows you to pick one of two modes for the comparison procedure, by file time and size, or by file content. In addition, you may choose a variant for the synchronization mode, between ‘two way’ and ‘mirror’. Plus, you can make FreeFileSync ignore all errors dialogs which pop up, send files to the Recycle Bin or permanently remove them from the system when deleting items, configure filters, as well as save the configuration settings for future projects; the file list can be exported to file. FreeFileSync supports multiple languages for the interface, has a good response time, and includes user documentation. We have not come across any issues throughout our testing; FreeFileSync did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. First-time users may take a while to get accustomed to the layout; the interface could had been better organized..
FreeFileSync is an easy to use and open source folder synchronization and comparison software utility. It is used for fast and easy configurable sync operations between two folders without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces. You can also download Portable FreeFileSync.
Here are some key features of “FreeFileSync”:
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- No limitations: An arbitrary number of files can be synchronized.
- Subfolders are also synchronized, including empty folders.
- Network support.
- Lean & easy accessible UI: Highly optimized for speed and huge sets of data.
- Algorithms coded in C++ completely.
- Focus on usability: Only necessary functionality on UI: no overloaded menus or icon jungle / Select folders via drag & drop / Last configuration and screen settings are saved automatically / Maintain and load different configurations by drag&drop, load-button or commandline / Double-click to show file in explorer / Copy & paste support to export file-lists / Delete superfluous/temporary files directly on main grid / Right-click context menu / Progress indicators, status information and error reporting / Sort file-lists by name, size or date / Display statistical data: total filesizes, amount of bytes that will be transfered with the current settings.
- Easy configurable commandline mode for automated synchronization.
- Support for filesizes > 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- Automatically ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” when comparing and syncing.
- Localized German version available.
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages with large sync-operations.
- Based on wxWidgets framework => Portable to many operating systems.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization (without re-compare!).
- Include/exclude specific files from synchronization manually.
- Create sync jobs via GUI to synchronize automatically (can be scheduled or executed directly).
- Revised main dialog panel layout
- Show arrow icon for shortcut files and symlinks
- Execute the “on completion” command asynchronously
- Resolved invalid grid background when context menu is shown
- Set negative file time tolerance to disable file time check
- Optimized sequence of steps when saving database files
- Prevent temporary incorrect statistics after unexpected increase in workload
- Fixed default height when mixing panels with and without caption on main dialog
- New view filter button “show excluded items”
- New keyboard shortcuts for file filter and sync settings
- Removed libpng15.so dependency for openSUSE 13.1
- Updated help file
- Updated translation files
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.