DynDNS Updater is a perfect tool for DynDNS customers whose computers have a dynamic IP address. Since the IP changes periodically, users might encounter problems initiating remote sessions or connecting to FTP servers. Here is where DynDNS Updater comes in to offer them a helping hand. What this application actually does is check a computer’s IP address and if differences are detected, it immediately sends the new IP to the hostname on the DynDNS server. Thereby, the IP address database in the DynDNS account will be constantly updated. At first launch, the application prompts users to enter their dyndns account credentials. It then detects the current network IP address and grabs data regarding hosts from the account. DynDNS Updater is set to run silently in the system tray, without interfering with the user’s work. However, it is advisable to take the time needed to configure its behavior before letting it do its job in the background. Its main interface comprises details about the username and the computer’s IP address, as well as the date and time of the last update. It also displays a complete list of all the available hosts. With a single click you can change the DynDNS user, refresh the IP address, activate or disable the updater. DynDNS Updater can keep the hostname up-to-date, allowing it to point to the current system and preventing remote connection problems that might occur due to situations when the IP address is incorrectly allocated..
DynDNS Updater is a useful application that will help you keep your hostname’s IP addresses up-to-date. The update client periodically checks your network’s IP address; if it sees that your IP address has changed, it sends (updates) the new IP address to your hostname in your DynDNS.com account. Note: The application requires you to register an account with dyndns.
- New Feature: Added log viewer via ‘View Details’ link
- New Feature: Added more descriptive status in log viewer, along with a reset link when an error is encountered
- New Feature: Allow exporting configuration and logs via log viewer
- Change: Show a warning message in Configure Hosts if IPv6 is not detected
- Change: Renamed several buttons and labels for clarity
- Change: Include client name and version in daemon log on start
- Bug Fix: Fix issue with upgrading not stopping the existing client and causing problems (this fix will affect future upgrades only, not upgrades to this version)
- Bug Fix: Handle corrupt configuration files by resetting to defaults
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to download or install software or components (Dyn Internet Guide) that the program does not require to fully function
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.