Device Monitoring Studio Ultimate is software tool whose only purpose is to monitor and analyze serial ports, as well as save the data to the hard drive.
Fast install and convoluted interface
After a quick and surprise-free installation process, you come face to face with a pretty cluttered interface, as it consists of a menu bar, many shortcut buttons and panels to help you view all devices that can be monitored, their description, dependent devices and the list goes on.
As a consequence, novice users might find it a bit difficult to get around it. Nonetheless, they can access some comprehensive and neatly-organized Help contents.
Some of the many options available
This software tool enables you to monitor and analyze devices connected through a USB, as well as serial terminals and network connections. It is possible to view information about each and every one of these items, including port, speed, device address, connection status and dependent devices.
Aside from that, you can access a packet builder, a social networking platform plugin (Facebook), as well as a protocols panel. In the later, you can easily add new protocols, open others from the hard drive (H format), delete and recompile them.
You can create bridges between two different serial devices, create scripts, save them as JS or VBS files, run them, and export configurations or import them using a DMSDWC format.
To sum up, Device Monitoring Studio Ultimate is an efficient piece of software which can be used in application, device driver and serial hardware development, and represents a powerful platform for coding, testing and optimization. It has a good response time, it does not burden the computer’s performance and there are plenty of options to tinker with.
Device Monitoring Studio Ultimate provides professional developers of serial hardware and software applications with a unique serial port analyzing solution.
It has all of extended features and product flexibility. You will be even able to write and execute your own java scripts to manipulate with processed data and send MODBUS packets to your device.
Device Monitoring Studio allows you to intercept, display, record and analyze all data exchanged between the Windows application and the serial device.
It can be successfully used in application development, device driver or serial hardware development and offers the powerful platform for effective coding, testing and optimization.
- Device Monitoring Studio can be successfully used for:
- interception and analysis of data transfers between any serial device and Windows application
- debugging any serial software or hardware
- development of serial peripheral hardware
- development of serial device drivers
- researching the functionality of any third-party software and hardware implementing, debugging and testing serial protocol between device and device driver
- analyzing and reverse-engineering protocols
- recording and replaying logs while debugging the implemented protocol
- spying and logging RS232/422/485 communications
- serial port bridging and analyzing
- parsing MODBUS protocol messages
- debugging and testing MODBUS device
- writing and executing java scripts for custom serial data manipulation
- Device Monitoring Studio usage areas:
- Mobile Phones
- Diagnostic equipment
- Controlling and measuring equipment (oscillographs, manometers, sensors)
- Pocket PC
- Digital Cams
- Network equipment
- Serial device servers, NPort servers
- Wireless LAN equipment
- Routers, Multiplexers, Hubs, Switches
- MIDI-serial devices
- Multiport Serial Boards
- RS-232 to RS-422/485 converters
- Serial to fiber converters
- Network-enable serial devices
- Serial device controllers
- Entertaining equipment, simulators
- HVAC, door entry systems, bar code readers
- Card readers
- Cash registers
- Bar-code readers
- 512MB RAM
- 512MB free disk space
- 14 days trial
- Nag screen
- Fixed Bugs:
- Several bugs fixed:
- Several reported bugs have been fixed, including application crashes.
- New Features:
- Improved scripting support:
- Monitoring session initialization script may be automatically generated from the New Session window.
- Built-in script editor:
- Device Monitoring Studio now has a built-in script file editor, which supports syntax highlighting and marking of error locations.
- Line parameters visualization:
- Serial Monitor now automatically determines the line parameters applied by monitored application and displays t…