Such an application is fit for music students, teachers and composers who require flexibility and a high degree of control over the musical sheet. With support for a rich collection of music notation symbols, as well as for key and time signatures, the program can arrange for the composition process to be non-destructive and creative.
Crescendo Music Notation Editor adopts an appealing and user-friendly approach, through a GUI that is easy to use and understand. It relies on a tabbed interface, where the functions are organized in a neat manner.
Most of the GUI is dedicated to the composition sheet, while the left and right side are reserved for quick toolbars encasing musical / text notations and the dynamics characteristic to music, such as forte, piano, crescendo and all the adjacent derivations (pianissimo, fortissimo, etc).
It is possible to create a new composition from scratch or open an existing one, as well as to import MIDI data, all from the File menu. The layout is free-form, as mentioned, which means there’s absolutely no constraint in what the notations and their placing are concerned.
When you’re done composing, you can use the Play command to revise your creation, or alternatively, to transpose the generated song by an interval that you get to define. Moreover, the Auto Format function will automatically change the placement of the notations in order to create an optimized version of your sheet.
In conclusion, Crescendo Music Notation Editor can come in quite handy for users interested in writing their own compositions that can be freely managed and intuitively recreated.
Crescendo Music Notation Editor was created to be a simple way to work with musical notations, allowing users to create and save their music compositions on their computers.
The wide array of notation symbols, time and key signatures, and text, all on a free-form layout, give you the most control over your music arrangements.
This program is perfect for composing original songs, music, scores and soundtracks.
- Change the key signature and time signature
- Add whole, half, quarter, eigth and sixteenth notes and rests (semibreve to semiquaver)
- Compose music in Treble, Bass or C Clefs (e.g., Alto and Tenor)
- Assign sharp, flat and natural accidentals to notes
- Keyboard shortcuts toggle between notes and rests
- Insert text to specify a title, tempo, dynamics or lyrics
- Drag notes to change their pitch or placement
- Automatically detects if a measure has the correct beat amount for the time signature
- Adjust staff line placement by snapping them to margins or other staff lines
- Add ties and slurs across notes
- Zoom in and out for easier editing
- View history of work completed
- Save to Crescendo’s format, or export as MusicXML
- Print completed music projects, or blank music sheets for hand transcription
- Create dotted notes, chords, add repeats, and more