Having a tool that helps you manage, rip and play music files can be a nice change to using different tools for each task. CD-Runner is a nice program that was designed to cover all these tasks and more.
The app has a simple interface that should be easy to figure out, thanks to the intuitive layout.
As mentioned, you may use this tool to rip your favorite audio CD tracks into several different file formats, such as WAV, MP3, OGG and WMA.
It’s also possible to listen to various songs with the help of this program. It comes with a 15-band parametric equalizer which allows users to customize the way the tracks are rendered.
It’s also possible to edit the ID3 tags, namely the name of the artist and the title of the song, the music genre, year of release and album name, to name just a few.
The app can be set as the default program to run when audio CDs are inserted in the tray. Also, you may customize the way the app looks by changing the skins, the components of the interface, as well as the individual colors for its different area.
The bottom line is that CD-Runner is a nice program that is sure to come in handy on numerous occasions. Less experienced individuals shouldn’t have any troubles while installing and customizing the program, mostly thanks to the intuitive layout and its overall simplicity.
CD-Runner is a reliable tool that you can use to easily rip your favorite audio CD tracks into WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA format.
The application is a CD / Multimedia / DVD Player, CD ripper, spectrum analyzer, 15-band graphic / Parametric EQ, media server, MP3 and OGG Utilities, and also provides a database with online freedb support.
CD-Runner includes three specially created faceplates, which are designed to look like real homeHi-Fi / VCR equipment, and are highly customizable.
Here are some key features of “CD-Runner”:
· Online access to the freedb to automatically retrieve expanded CD info over the Internet
· Support for local freedb database
· Media Runner includes support for almost all movie and audio files (MP3, Ogg, WAV, WMA, AVI, MPG, many others)
· DVD Runner
· New CD Ripper options
· Automated MP3 ID3 and Ogg tagging and viewing
· MP3 ID3v1 and ID3v2 utilities
· Windows Media Technology 4 support
· DVD support
· Ogg Vorbis support
· CD-ROM Runner to automatically find and run applications
· New Media Library
· Fully-featured Disc Library includes local database Export options
· Includes 5 different players or “faceplates” – Home Stereo, Car Stereo, Portable, Compact & Ribbon (minimized)
· Customize options for faceplate graphics, fonts, colors, wallpapers, LCD, LED or custom glass display windows
· Drag and drop / multiple file selection playlist editors
· Video board with 256-colors minimum; optimum video mode is High Color (16 bit) color palette (or greater)
· Hard drive with approximately 30 MB available
· 64 MB RAM minimum; 128 MB or greater
· CD-ROM, DVD, CD-R(/W) or combo drive
· Sound board, Sound-Blaster compatible recommended
· DirectX 8 or later required to use Equalizer
· 30 days trial
· Comprehensive “under the skins” re-design and code optimization applied throughout; older “legacy code” modified for speed and reliability with latest operating systems
· New setup option to display all faceplates or “skins” flat with square corners; Note: this new feature may resolve rendering issues with older laptops & desktops
New wildcard search options added to all searches, wildcard characters supported:
· ? (matches any single character in search string, e.g. “ho?se” would find both “house” and “horse”)
· * (matches zero or more characters in search string, 1 or multiple astericks supported)
· # (matches any single digit 0-9 in search string)
· [list] (matches any single character in search string)
· [!list] (matches any single character NOT in search string)
· Note 1: a group of one or more characters in list (above) enclosed in brackets () can be used to match any single character in search string and can include digits and almost all other character codes
· Note 2: hyphen (-) …